Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Day the Books Arrived

We are really enjoying the 40 book challenge we started at the beginning of the quarter and the students are reading voraciously! One of the major challenges was that the seventh grade classroom library was rather limited. I brought in about six bins of books from home and a student brought in a bin of books as well. Of course my books are limited and I'm now trying to buy a few books at time every so often to expand our library.

A great, budget-friendly resource for expanding libraries (classroom or personal) is Scholastic. I had some rewards points saved up with them and ordered half a dozen new books for our class. The books arrived during class time last week and I was mobbed by students trying to get a first look! I wish I had some pictures of the students as they rushed me to call dibs on the books. I LOVE that they are so excited about reading!






I also passed out book order forms that Scholastic included with our order. I want to stress that I am not promoting all of the books advertised in these flyers. Scholastic offers many great books at affordable prices but, it is important for parents to use their discretion when ordering for students. There are some books that may have content you find objectionable, I'm not suggesting that all of the books are appropriate. If there are books you wish to order you can follow the link to right of this post. I'm still so happy that the students are getting as excited as me about reading and books!







0 comments:

Post a Comment